February 15, 2022 | Full Time
Under minimal direct supervision, works as part of a team supporting outside sales operations in a manner that ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty, and reflects the brand essence.
Primary functions include outside sales, offsite events and festivals, business to business relationships, networking, motorcoach management, wholesale account management and other duties as assigned.
The Business Development Coordinator reports directly to the Sales and Marketing Manager.
• Retain and develop relationships with existing customers to increase sales and customer satisfaction.
• Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business. This includes, but is not limited to; Restaurants, Breweries, Distilleries, Bed and Breakfasts, Grocery, Wholesale Distributors, and Liquor Stores.
• Identify new leads and potential new sales markets.
• Attend networking meetings and events.
• Create, manage, track, invoice, and execute wholesale sales for the winery.
• Manage out of state wholesale distributors.
• Stay up to date with the most current wholesale distribution laws and practices.
OFFSITE FESTIVALS & EVENTS
• Plan, track, execute, and manage offsite events and festivals.
• Identify new leads and potential new sales markets.
• Create after event analysis and notes.
MOTORCOACH SALES, BUSINESS & MARKETING
• Retain and develop the relationships with existing customers to increase sales and customer satisfaction.
• Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
• Book, confirm, invoice, and take payment for all motorcoach tours.
• Complete tour analysis and tracking.
• Develop and maintain the pricing and policies for the department.
• Create and maintain a CRM spreadsheet for all motorcoach business.
• Attend offsite events and trade shows relating to the motorcoach business.
• Oversee the setup of the onsite motorcoach arrival and event to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Attend CVB meetings and report to the PR team.
• Maintain and develop relationships with the CVB and groups that we are members of. Especially Destination Gettysburg.
• Maintain our Destination Gettysburg website listing ( Quarterly Checks ).
• Plan and lead FAM tours at the winery.
• Provide an unparalleled guest experience by adhering to winery training and procedures.
• Present selected wines for tasting and assist consumers with their purchases.
• Learn scripted tour and conduct tours of the winery.
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
• Creating sales opportunities through customer engagement.
• Promote membership in the case clubs.
• Function as an informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, wine vintages, availability of products and brand awards/accolades.
• Support special events, tour groups, and private wine tastings.
• Check identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
• Operate point of sale machines and credit card terminals accurately and efficiently.
• Process phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations. This includes communicating with guests via e-mail and phone.
• Become RAMP (Responsible Alcohol Management Program) certified.
• Must be able to work around alcohol in a responsible manner.
• Must possess a positive attitude and desire to work hard and learn.
• Must be able to work quickly and reliably, in groups or alone, with or without supervision.
• Must be able to work safely and be safety conscious, follow and enforce all written & verbal SOP’s (Standard Operational Procedures) as well as enforce and adhere to safe practices.
• Must be able to accurately follow instructions and directions.
• Able to build a healthy rapport with coworkers, customers, and vendors.
• Represent the company and brand, professionally, graciously, and enthusiastically.
• Maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Recognize the symptoms of intoxication and handle the situation as required by PA law and house policy.
• Understand and effectively communicate the brand’s message.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Must have valid driver’s license and be able to safely drive winery vehicles and equipment.
• Have good oral skills for marketing and selling to the public.
• Must have the ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Must have exceptional organizational skills to be able to track and manage all outside business relationships.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Required to be 21 years of age or older.
• Required to work occasional weekends and evenings.
• Required to repetitively lift and move cases of product which weigh up to 60 pounds.
• Must be able to stand for up to eight consecutive hours.
• Must be able to pass forklift and motorized pallet jack tests following training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes required to:
• Sit, talk, hear, and use hands to touch or handle or feel.
• Stand for up to 8 hours, walk, bend, lift, and reach with hands and arms.
• Must be able to ascend or descend stairs.
• Repetitively lift and move cases of product which weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud.
• The outside work environment ranges from hot to cold, dry to wet.
• There is the possibility of interactions with animals and/or insects.
• Job Type: Full-time – Hourly
• Associates in this position typically work between 37.5 – 40 hours per week depending on the needs of the business.
• This position is not exempt from overtime.
• This is not a tips-eligible position.
• Pay range for this position is $18 – $20 / hour.
• Compensation commensurate with experience.