March 24, 2020 | Part Time
ADAMS COUNTY WINERY
Part Time Food Service Associate
Works as part of a team supporting bistro operations in a manner that ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty, and reflects the brand essence.
Primary functions include restaurant service, food preparation, and cleaning, and other duties as assigned.
Bistro Associates report directly to Bistro Lead.
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
• Support food operations during special events or large groups.
• Operate point of sale machines and credit card terminals accurately and efficiently.
• Ensure the bistro and outside grounds are neat, clean, and visually appealing.
• Become RAMP (Responsible Alcohol Management Program) certified.
• Prepare traditional pizza recipes and a variety of appetizers and specials.
• Adhere to portion control procedures for cost control.
• Maintain a clean and efficient workspace by following company Bistro SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
• Strictly adhere to all food and health safety and sanitation guidelines.
• Appropriately maintain dry stock levels and supplies.
• Pull and prep food.
• Assist in receiving stock and conducting inventory.
• Able to operate food service equipment which reaches temperatures in excess of 900*F in a safe and efficient manner.
• Able to work with sharp knives and utensils in a safe and efficient manner.
• Able to operate, if necessary, additional winery equipment as directed by Management.
• Must follow opening and closing procedures, including end of day cleaning.
• Must be able to work around alcohol in a responsible manner.
• Must possess a positive attitude and desire to work hard and learn.
• Must be able to work quickly and reliably, in groups or alone, with or without supervision.
• Must be able to work safely and be safety conscious, follow all written & verbal SOP’s (Standard Operational Procedures) as well as adhere to safe practices.
• Must be able to accurately follow instructions and directions.
• Able to build a healthy rapport with coworkers, customers, and vendors.
• Represent the company and brand, professionally, graciously, and enthusiastically.
• Maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Recognize the symptoms of intoxication and handle the situation as required by PA law and house policy.
• Understand and effectively communicate the brand’s message.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Required to be 18 years of age or older.
• Required to work weekends and evenings.
• Required to repetitively lift and move cases of product which weigh up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to stand for up to eight consecutive hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes required to:
• Sit, talk, hear, and use hands to touch or handle or feel.
• Stand for up to 8 hours, walk, bend, lift, and reach with hands and arms.
• Must be able to ascend or descend stairs.
• Repetitively lift and move cases of product which weigh up to 40 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to moderately loud.
• The outside work environment ranges from hot to cold, dry to wet.
• There is the possibility of interactions with animals and/or insects.
• Job Type: Part-time – Seasonal – Hourly
• Associates in this position typically work between zero – 40 hours per week depending on the needs of the business.
• This position is not exempt from overtime.
• This is a tips-eligible position.
• Pay range for this position is $9.50 to $12.50 per hour.
• Compensation commensurate with experience.