March 22, 2021 | Seasonal
Under direct supervision of the Head Gardener, works to ensure the winery gardens are in immaculate condition.
Primary functions include weed control, planting various plants and flowers, mulching, watering, and other duties as assigned.
The Garden Assistant reports directly to the Head Gardener.
· Enhance the overall guest experience by ensuring the gardens are in pristine condition.
· Loading, transporting, and spreading mulch.
· Manually pulling weeds.
· Planting flowers, plants, and herbs.
· Watering gardens based on the watering schedule.
· Minor landscaping, to include moving rocks, logs, and garden decorations.
· Interacting with winery guests to answer their questions and educate them about our gardens and plant life.
· Maintain a safe and clean work area to mitigate risk of injury to our guests and associates.
· Must be able to recognize the difference between a plant and a weed.
· Must possess a positive attitude and desire to work hard and learn.
· Must be able to work quickly and reliably, in groups or alone, with or without supervision.
· Must be able to work safely and be safety conscious, follow all written & verbal SOP’s (Standard Operational Procedures) as well as adhere to safe practices.
· Must be able to accurately follow instructions and directions.
· Able to build a healthy rapport with coworkers, customers, and vendors.
· Represent the company and brand, professionally, graciously, and enthusiastically.
· Maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
· Understand and effectively communicate the brand’s message.
· This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
· Required to be 18 years of age or older.
· Must be able to stand for up to eight consecutive hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes required to:
· Sit, talk, hear, and use hands to touch or handle or feel.
· Stand for up to 8 hours, walk, bend, lift, kneel, and reach with hands and arms.
· Must be able to ascend or descend stairs.
· Repetitively lift and move mulch and landscaping materials, weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to undertake heavy-duty manual work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to moderately loud.
· The outside work environment ranges from hot to cold, dry to wet.
· There is the possibility of interactions with animals and/or insects.
· High school or GED
· Job Type: Seasonal – Hourly
· Associates in this position typically work between 15 – 25 hours per week depending on the needs of the business.
· This position is not exempt from overtime.
· This is not a tips-eligible position.
· Pay range for this position is $10.00 – $15.00.
· Compensation commensurate with experience.Apply Now