May 3, 2021 | Part Time
Under minimal direct supervision, works as part of a team supporting sales and marketing operations in a manner that ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty, and reflects the brand essence.
Primary functions include social media management, executing the marketing plan, brand management, assisting the sales and marketing team, and other duties as assigned.
Report directly to Sales and Marketing Manager.
• Create social media content for the winery’s social media pages.
• Stay up-to-date with social media trends in and out of the wine industry.
• Create and edit video content for the brand.
• Take, edit, and file photos for the winery’s marketing needs.
• Manage and create content for the winery blog and website.
• Assist in writing the monthly newsletter.
• Manage the winery’s email list.
• Create content before, after, and during winery events.
• Create marketing content during winery hours to tell customer stories and share the winery experience.
• Assist with SEO and online marketing for the winery.
• Assist in updating information on the winery website and other online locations.
• Assist in executing the marketing plan.
• Monitor and Report online analytics for the winery.
• Assist in monitoring and helping with brand voice and compliance across all platforms.
• Create and execute community involvement marketing projects.
• Create sales opportunities through customer engagement.
• Assist in other duties within the sales and marketing department.
TASTING ROOM – all positions at the winery may need to help in the tasting room at times.
• Provide an unparalleled guest experience by adhering to winery training and procedures.
• Present selected wines for tasting and assist consumers with their purchases.
• Learn scripted tour and conduct tours of the winery.
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
• Creating sales opportunities through customer engagement.
• Promote membership in the case clubs.
• Function as an informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, wine vintages, availability of products and brand awards/accolades.
• Support special events, tour groups, and private wine tastings.
• Check identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
• Operate point of sale machines and credit card terminals accurately and efficiently.
• Serve as a winery representative during outside promotional functions.
• Become RAMP (Responsible Alcohol Management Program) certified.
• Must be able to work around alcohol in a responsible manner.
• Must possess a positive attitude and desire to work hard and learn.
• Must be able to work quickly and reliably, in groups or alone, with or without supervision.
• Must be able to work safely and be safety conscious, follow all written & verbal SOP’s (Standard Operational Procedures) as well as adhere to safe practices.
• Must be able to accurately follow instructions and directions.
• Able to build a healthy rapport with coworkers, customers, and vendors.
• Represent the company and brand, professionally, graciously, and enthusiastically.
• Maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Recognize the symptoms of intoxication and handle the situation as required by PA law and house policy.
• Understand and effectively communicate the brand’s message.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Required to be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience in marketing and / or social media.
• Available to work some weekends and evenings.
• Required to repetitively lift and move cases of product which weigh up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for up to eight consecutive hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes required to:
• Sit, talk, hear, and use hands to touch or handle or feel.
• Stand for up to 8 hours, walk, bend, lift, and reach with hands and arms.
• Must be able to ascend or descend stairs.
• Repetitively lift and move cases of product which weigh up to 40 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• High school or GED, with emphasis in basic writing and grammar skills.
• Job Type: Part Time – Hourly
• Associates in this position typically work between 20 – 32 hours per week depending on the needs of the business.
• This position is not exempt from overtime.
• This is not a tips-eligible position.
• Pay range for this position is $12 – $16.
• Compensation commensurate with experience.