March 4, 2021 | Part Time
Works as part of a team supporting tasting room and food service operations in a manner that ensures a rich
consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty, and reflects the brand essence.
Primary functions include point-of-sale operations, product knowledge, product presentations, sales and
service, taking customers on tours, restaurant service, food preparation, and cleaning, and other duties as
Winery Sales/Bistro Associates report directly to the Tasting Room Manager or Manager of the Day.
• Provide an unparalleled guest experience by adhering to winery training and procedures.
• Present selected wines for tasting and assist consumers with their purchases.
• Create sales opportunities through customer engagement.
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
• Promote membership in the case clubs.
• Function as an informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, wine vintages,
availability of products and brand awards/accolades.
• Support special events, tour groups, and private wine tastings.
• Check identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
• Operate point of sale machines and credit card terminals accurately and efficiently.
• Process phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations. This includes
communicating with guests via e-mail and phone.
• Stock wine, merchandise, and food supplies as needed.
• Ensure the wine shop and outside grounds are neat, clean, and visually appealing.
• Serve as a winery representative during outside promotional functions.
• Conduct regular wine inventory.
• Become RAMP (Responsible Alcohol Management Program) certified.
• Follow all food safety laws, regulations, and company standards.
• Support food operations during special events or large groups.
• Ensure the bistro and outside grounds are neat, clean, and visually appealing.
• Prepare traditional pizza recipes and a variety of appetizers and specials.
• Adhere to portion control procedures for cost control.
• Maintain a clean and efficient workspace by following company Bistro SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
• Strictly adhere to all food and health safety and sanitation guidelines.
• Appropriately maintain dry stock levels and supplies.
• Pull and prep food.
• Assist in receiving stock, and conducting inventory.
• Able to operate food service equipment which reaches temperatures in excess of 900*F in a safe and efficient
• Able to work with sharp knives and utensils in a safe and efficient manner.
• Must be able to work around alcohol in a responsible manner.
• Must possess a positive attitude and desire to work hard and learn.
• Must be able to work quickly and reliably, in groups or alone, with or without supervision.
• Must be able to work safely and be safety conscious, follow all written & verbal SOP’s (Standard Operational
Procedures) as well as adhere to safe practices.
• Must be able to accurately follow instructions and directions.
• Able to build a healthy rapport with coworkers, customers, and vendors.
• Represent the company and brand, professionally, graciously, and enthusiastically.
• Maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Recognize the symptoms of intoxication and handle the situation as required by PA law and house policy.
• Understand and effectively communicate the brand’s message.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict
the tasks that may be assigned.
• Required to be 18 years of age or older.
• Required to work weekends and evenings.
• Required to repetitively lift and move cases of product which weigh up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to stand for up to eight consecutive hours.