August 18, 2019 | Full Time
SUMMARY Under minimal supervision, works as part of a team supporting retail and food service operations in a manner that ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty, and reflects the brand essence. Primary functions include; Tasting Room and Bistro opening and closing duties, cash handling, Point-of-Sale operations, product knowledge, product presentations, wine and food sales and service, and other duties as assigned, all while ensuring a safe environment for employees and our guests.
• Must be able to work around alcohol in a responsible manner.
• Must possess a positive attitude and desire to work hard and learn.
• Must be able to work quickly and reliably, in groups or alone, with or without supervision.
• Must be able to work safely and be safety conscious, follow all written & verbal SOP’s (Standard Operational Procedures) and adhere to safe practices.
• Able to accurately follow instructions and directions, and possess strong communication skills.
• Able to build a healthy rapport with coworkers, customers, and vendors.
• Represent the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically.
• Maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Present selected wines for tasting and assist consumers with their purchases.
• Function as an informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, wine vintages, availability of products and brand awards/accolades.
• Learn scripted tour and conduct tours of the winery.
• Become RAMP (Responsible Alcohol Management Program) certified.
• Check identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
• Recognize the symptoms of intoxication and handle the situation as required by PA law and house policy.
• Operate point of sale machines and credit card terminals accurately and efficiently.
• Process phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations. This includes communicating with guests via e-mail and phone.
• Promote membership in the case clubs.
• Ensure the Tasting Room is neat, clean, and visually appealing.
• Stock wine, merchandise, and food supplies as needed.
• Assist with wine inventory.
• Understand and effectively communicate the brand’s message.
• Support special events, tour groups, and private wine tastings.
• Serve as a winery representative during outside promotional functions.
• Supervise sales associates in Bistro by ensuring that they are following food service guidelines as well as customer service standards.
• Food preparation & cooking as needed.
• Maintaining a clean work environment during hours of operation.
• Analyzing food sales & profits utilizing Excel spreadsheets
• Food inventory & recommending future orders
• Ensure Bistro opening/closing checklists are completed satisfactorily
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
• Required to be 21 years of age or older.
• Required to work weekends.
• Required to repetitively lift and move cases of product which weighs up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to stand for up to eight hours.
• Point of Sale, Excel, and Microsoft Office experience.
• Tasting room, retail sales, tourism, food service or hospitality experience.
• Skilled in communication, presentation, sales and customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and to talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position requires the ability to work outside in varying weather conditions, to include; hot and cold temperatures, as well as rain. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• Winery workers are considered hourly employees.
• Full time workers normally work between 37.5 and 40 hours per week depending on the needs of the business and the candidate’s availability.
• Hours worked over 40 per week are considered overtime (time and one half pay).
• Compensation commensurate with experience .
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now