June 28, 2023 | Full Time
WHO ARE WE?
Adams County Winery is south central Pennsylvania’s largest wine producer and longest continually operating winery. The Farm winery has the largest gardens and seasonal outdoor seating area of any winery in Adams County and is home to the Terrace Bistro, featuring a large outdoor wood-fired pizza oven.
Works as part of a team supporting tasting room and bistro operations in a manner that ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty, and reflects the brand essence.
Primary functions include point-of-sale operations, product knowledge, product presentations, sales, and service, leading and assisting with restaurant responsibilities, taking customers on tours, and other duties as assigned.
At times you will be supervising associates, but you will also be required to actively participate in completing daily tasks.
Tasting Room/ Bistro Lead reports directly to the Tasting Room Manager.
· Provide an unparalleled guest experience by adhering to winery training and procedures.
· Present selected wines for tasting and assist consumers with their purchases.
· Learn scripted tour and conduct tours of the winery.
· Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
· Creating sales opportunities through customer engagement.
· Promote membership in the case clubs.
· Function as an informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, wine vintages, availability of products and brand awards/accolades.
· Support special events, tour groups, and private wine tastings.
· Check identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
· Operate point of sale machines and credit card terminals accurately and efficiently.
· Process phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations. This includes communicating with guests via e-mail and phone.
· Stock wine, merchandise, and food supplies as needed.
· Ensure the wine shop and outside grounds are neat, clean, and visually appealing.
· Serve as a winery representative during outside promotional functions.
· Conduct regular wine inventory.
· Become RAMP (Responsible Alcohol Management Program) certified.
· Become ServeSafe certified, and follow all food safety laws, regulations, and company standards.
· Plan, track, and control restaurant costs according to budget.
· Train, manage, and supervise restaurant staff to ensure safety and quality.
· Create, propose, and maintain accurate menus and specials
· Order and receive stock, track and maintain inventory on all food and restaurant supplies.
· Manage and track food waste / loss.
· Report weekly and yearly P&L.
· Keep organized recipes and prep notes.
· Perform weekly internal food safety inspection.
· Offseason tasting room food menu, ordering, prep, service, and tracking.
· Pull and prep food.
· Prepare traditional pizza recipes and a variety of appetizers and specials.
· Adhere to portion control procedures for cost control.
· Maintain a clean and efficient workspace by following company Bistro SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
· Strictly adhere to all food and health safety and sanitation guidelines.
· Appropriately maintain dry stock levels and supplies.
· Work directly with customers by taking orders and processing payments.
· Able to operate food service equipment which reaches temperatures in excess of 900*F in a safe and efficient manner
· Able to work with sharp knives and utensils in a safe and efficient manner
· Able to operate, if necessary, additional winery equipment as directed by Management
· Must follow opening and closing procedures, including end of day cleaning.
· Must be able to work around alcohol in a responsible manner.
· Must possess a positive attitude and desire to work hard and learn.
· Must be able to work quickly and reliably, in groups or alone, with or without supervision.
· Must be able to work safely and be safety conscious, follow and enforce all written & verbal SOP’s (Standard Operational Procedures) as well as enforce and adhere to safe practices.
· Must be able to accurately follow instructions and directions.
· Able to build a healthy rapport with coworkers, customers, and vendors.
· Represent the company and brand, professionally, graciously, and enthusiastically.
· Maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
· Recognize the symptoms of intoxication and handle the situation as required by PA law and house policy.
· Understand and effectively communicate the brand’s message.
· This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
· Required to be 21 years of age or older.
· Required to work weekends and evenings.
· Required to repetitively lift and move cases of product which weigh up to 40 pounds.
· Must be able to stand for up to eight consecutive hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes required to:
· Sit, talk, hear, and use hands to touch or handle of feel.
· Stand for up to 8 hours, walk, bend, lift, and reach with hands and arms.
· Repetitively lift and move cases of product which weigh up to 40 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to moderately loud.
· The outside work environment ranges from hot to cold, dry to wet.
· There is the possibility of interactions with animals and/or insects.
· Basic knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office Suite are preferred.
· Job Type: Full-time – Hourly
· Associates in this position typically work between 37.5 to 40 hours per week depending on the needs of the business.
· This position is not exempt from overtime pay.
· This is a tips-eligible position.
· Pay range for this position is $18 to $20 per hour.
· Compensation commensurate with experience.Apply Now