December 13, 2019 | Full Time
Adams County Winery is looking for a positive, driven, and goal-oriented individual to lead our efforts as the manager of the Gettysburg Wine Shop.
This individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of the business to ensure success at the
Gettysburg Wine Shop. This includes; managing retail and food service operations in a manner that ensures a rich consumer experience, building consumer loyalty, and reflecting the brand essence. Primary functions include; opening and closing duties, cash handling, associate training and development, planning and executing wine shop events, point-of-sale operations, product knowledge, product presentations, wine and food sales and service, and other duties as assigned, all while ensuring a safe environment for employees and our guests.
• Supervise sales associates to ensure that winery standards are being met
• Able to accurately follow and communicate instructions and directions to associates.
• Create and update daily task list for yourself and other wine shop employees.
• Make sure wine shop is actively covered during hours of operation.
• Completes end of day reports, including drawer closeouts, cash handling, closing out credit card machines, and sending daily email to managers and owner.
• Complete financial analyses to determine the success of an event or promotion.
• Responsible for visual merchandising and displays.
• Work with local businesses to develop partnerships and relationships.
• Examine opening and closing checklists after all tasks have been performed and verify that all tasks have been completed according to winery standards.
• Communicate tenant comments and questions to the Farm Winery.
• Act as point person during emergencies, including evacuation of building or grounds.
• Stock wine, merchandise, and food supplies as needed.
• Must be able to work safely and be safety conscious, follow and enforce all written & verbal SOP’s
(Standard Operational Procedures) as well as enforce and adhere to safe practices.
• Must possess a positive attitude and desire to work hard and learn.
• Function as an informed resource for consumers regarding wine making, wine growing, wine vintages, availability of products and brand awards/accolades.
• Recognize the symptoms of intoxication and handle the situation as required by PA law and house policy.
• Ensure the wine shop is neat, clean, and visually appealing.
• Proficient at Point of Sale operations, Excel, and the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
• At least two years of tasting room, retail sales, tourism, food service or hospitality experience.
• Skilled in communication, presentation, sales and customer service.
• Must be able to pass the ServeSafe food safety test (Manager level)
• Must be able to pass the Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP) test.
• Compensation commensurate with experience.
• This is a salaried position, which is exempt from overtime.
• Managers typically work between 40-45 hours per week depending on the needs of the business.
• This is not a tips-eligible position.
• Job Type: Full-time – Salary
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,308.00 to $40,000.00 /yearApply Now